Phone: (84-8) 8251317
Fax: (84-8) 8297228
Address: 29 Ben Chuong Duong St., District 1, HCM
- Established on April 1st, 1963 as a State-owned Commercial Bank.
- Paid-up capital: 2,445 billion Vietnamese Dongs.
- Being a special state-owned corporations, organised under “90, 91 Corporation” structure.
- Being the oldest commercial bank for external affairs in Vietnam.
- Being the first bank in Vietnam having centralised capital management structure.
- Being interbank forex payment center for over 100 domestic banks and foreign banks’ branches operating in Vietnam.
Being the first commercial bank in Viet Nam to deal foreign currencies,
always takes the largest market share in the interbank forex market.
- Being full member of:
+ Vietnam Bankers Association
+ Asia Bankers Association
+ Visa, MasterCard.
Being the first commercial bank to issue and pay international credit
card Visa and MasterCard and being the largest agent for card payment
in Vietnam: Visa, American Express, MasterCard, JCB...
- Being the largest payment agent in Vietnam for Money Gram - the global express money transfer company.
- Taking largest potion in export-import payment and guarantee in Vietnam.
- Being the only bank in Vietnam to handle automatically 95% of swift messages meeting the American standards.
Being recognised for 6 consecutive years (1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000,
2001) as the bank having the best service quality in terms of
internationally standardised Swift payment.
- Being selected as a
major bank to manage and serving the Government’s loans and aids and
many ODA projects in Vietnam. - Being the leading commercial bank in
trade finance, international payment, forex dealings, advanced Banking
- IT implementation in Vietnam.
- Being awarded by the “Asian Money” – the famous magazine in Asia – as the first bank in Vietnam in 1995.
Being awarded by “the Banker” – a reputable banking magazine in UK’s
international financial circle – as “the Best Bank of Vietnam in 2000,
2001, 2002, 2003”.